Learn Spanish with The Spanish Lesson
Are you ready to learn Spanish? You can start right here with
the free Spanish lessons we offer. they are all linked to below.
Originally part of a subscription course, they're now all posted
publicly on the site. You can work your way through them in the
order presented or pick and choose according to where you need
the most help. Soon you'll be able to ask questions, talk about
yourself, and have basic conversations in Spanish.
Be sure to also check out the other pages of the site, listed
further down. There are articles about learning a language, information
on Spanish-speaking countries, and more.
Free Spanish Lessons
Spanish Expressions and
Useful Words - Lesson one covers some "survival Spanish."
The Spanish Verb Ser and
Estar - Yes, there are two verbs for "to be."
Nouns and Articles - Some basic building blocks of language.
How to Conjugate Spanish Verbs
- How to conjugate a few common verbs.
Irregular Spanish Verbs
- Every language has verbs that don't follow the rules...
Spanish Words - A list
of some of the most common and useful words.
List of Spanish Words -
A continuation of the list started on the page above.
Common Spanish Words -
The final part of the list of common and useful words.
Spanish Verb Tener -
The verb "ir" (to go) is also covered in this lesson.
Common Spanish Expressions
- How to get around and express how you feel.
Using Common Spanish Verbs
- Putting those verbs you learned into sentences.
The Spanish Past Tense
- How to say you did it and more...
Verbs in the Past Tense - The most common past tense irregulars.
The Spanish Verb Gustar
- Me gusta esta lección (I like this lesson).
Gustaria - How to properly
say you would like something.
Idiomatic Spanish Expressions
- Including how to say "should," "need" and
Spanish Future - Conjugations
of common verbs in the future tense.
- There aren't many and they're easy.
Adjectives - This, that and the other things...
- How to ask some of the most basic questions.
Spanish Hay - The word "hay"
means "there is" or "there are;" how to use
Spanish Gerund - How to add
"ing" to verbs (as in speaking).
Weather in Spanish - Expressions
and words related to weather and climate.
Adjectives - How to say it's yours or hers or his...
Colors in Spanish - All the
basic colors and some sentences using them.
Numbers in Spanish
- Your basic guide to counting up to 100.
Numbers in Spanish 1
to 1000 - More about numbers and counting.
Telling Time in Spanish
- Hours, minutes, and the related idioms.
- Less than, more than, better and worse...
Spanish Travel Phrases
- Some of the common ones you'll need.
Spanish Aquí and
other Adverbs - How to say here, there and everywhere.
Time in Spanish - More
adverbs expressing time periods.
Spanish Adverbs - How to say
"almost," "badly," and so on.
Spanish Transitional Words
and Phrases - Besides, moreover; many others.
Spanish Reflexive Verbs
- How to "wash yourself" and more.
List - Some Prepositions and Examples.
Bueno y Malo - Comparatives
Spanish Tip of the Month
To really boost your Spanish, try tuning into the Spanish-language
television stations that are now available on most cable systems.
For a little help, turn on the closed captions so you can read
Basic Spanish Phrases
- A very useful collection of phrases in Spanish.
Guide - Basic rules for pronunciation of Latin- American
Common Spanish Phrases
- Some of the more basic survival Spanish.
Basic Spanish Phrases
- Some of the most useful ones.
Boost Brainpower by Learning
A Language - The two ways a new language helps the brain.
Crossing The Mexican Border
- Our plan was lunch and a few margaritas...
Traveling In Ecuador - Mountains,
beaches, glaciers and volcanoes.
Costa Rica - Two oceans, jungle
river trips, and 850 species of birds.
Bolivia - The highest capital city
in the world is just the start of the beauty.
Panama - Palm trees swaying in a
Top 10 Spanish Experiences
- An article by Rhiannon Williamson.
Beautiful Barcelona - Easy
Travel Guide - One of the most diverse of European cities.
Learn Spanish - Why? This
list of ten reasons answers that question.
10 Secrets to Learning Spanish
Like Crazy - An article by Patrick Jackson.
How To Speak Spanish
- A few key steps to take for learning Spanish quickly.
- An article on some "cool verbs" to know by Peter
The 150 Most Useful Words in
Spanish - Part of the free Spanish lessons above, the words
on this list were chosen by a native speaker from Ecuador.